Student Members transitioning to Professional Membership
Retention of Student Membership
Student members will remain in the Student Member category until they complete their degree and meet Professional Member category criteria.
Students who take a few months, up to one membership year (April 1 - March 31) between completing their therapeutic recreation diploma and commencing a post TR Degree will remain Student members
ATRA Student Members transitioning to Professional Membership
After graduation from your degree program and intend to practice in the provision of recreation therapy services you are eligible to apply for Professional Membership. This provides your employer evidence of your credentials and commitment to continuing competence. You are entitled to member services.
Professional Membership Fee Waiver
- ATRA Student Members applying for professional membership are not required to pay professional membership fees for the remaining months in the current membership year.
- Payment of student membership fees for the current membership year.
- Professional membership criteria is met and approved by ATRA.
- This service does not apply to students who are not ATRA Student Members.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a Discount Code. Please include in the subject line of your email - Request for Student Member to Professional Member Discount Code.
- Complete the online application for professional membership.
After your application has been reviewed and you receive notice of your approval for professional membership, your name and member category will be posted in the ATRA Member Verification List.