ATRA Entry to Practice Bursary
ATRA is pleased to offer the annual Entry to Practice Bursary for undergraduate ATRA Student Members completing a degree or diploma at one of the following programs:
- Lethbridge College Therapeutic Recreation – Gerontology Diploma
- NorQuest College Therapeutic Recreation Diploma
- University of Lethbridge Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
- University of Alberta Bachelor of Arts in Recreation Sports and Tourism
Membership Eligibility: Student Members only. Supporting Members registering for degree programs are eligible to apply for the Advanced Education Bursary.
This Bursary is open to all ATRA Student Members including International Students
Notification of bursary awarded – by October 25
What is funded:
- Any therapeutic recreation course or general recreation course and textbook(s) taken between June 1 and April 30 that contributes to future eligibility as an ATRA Professional or Supporting Member.
- Amounts awarded: the award amount varies from $400-$800 depending on the number of approved applicants.
- Applicant(s) will be notified prior to mid October with the results of their application.
Therapeutic Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain the words “Therapeutic Recreation” or “Recreation Therapy” or Recreation and/or Leisure for Special Populations.
General Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain one of the following words: recreation, leisure, play, or leadership.
Note: Clinical practicums are not reimbursed.
How do I receive my bursary?
- Once you are notified that you are a successful recipient of the award (by October 15) you will be required to submit your preferred email address to receive an email transfer, to the Education Director