ATRA Entry to Practice Bursary
ATRA Entry to Practice Bursary Guidelines and Application Form
ATRA is pleased to offer the annual Entry to Practice Bursary for undergraduate ATRA Student Members completing a degree or diploma at one of the following programs:
- Lethbridge College Therapeutic Recreation – Gerontology Diploma
- NorQuest College Therapeutic Recreation Diploma
- University of Lethbridge Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
- University of Alberta Bachelor of Arts in Recreation Sports and Tourism
Applications are accepted from June 1 – September 15 each year
Notification of bursary awarded – by October 15
What is reimbursed?
- Any therapeutic recreation course or general recreation course and textbook(s) taken between June 1 and April 30 that contributes to future eligibility as an ATRA Professional Member
- Amounts awarded: the award amount varies from $400-$800 depending on the number of approved applicants
Therapeutic Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain the words “Therapeutic Recreation” or “Recreation Therapy” or Recreation and/or Leisure for Special Populations.
General Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain one of the following words: recreation, leisure, play, or leadership.
Note: Clinical practicums are not reimbursed.
How do I receive my bursary?
- Once you are notified that you are a successful recipient of the award (by October 15), you may submit for reimbursement as soon as you have a receipt of course/textbook amount paid and have successfully passed the course (copy of transcript and/or written confirmation from course instructor)
- All receipts and proof of successful course completion may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com NO LATER THAN May 15 of the calendar year following the year of approval (e.g., approved by October 15, 2021, must be claimed by May 15, 2022)
- Claims received after May 15 will not be awarded.