ATRA Entry to Practice Bursary
ATRA Entry to Practice Bursary Guidelines
ATRA is pleased to offer the annual Entry to Practice Bursary for undergraduate ATRA Student Members completing a degree or diploma at one of the following programs:
- Lethbridge College Therapeutic Recreation – Gerontology Diploma
- NorQuest College Therapeutic Recreation Diploma
- University of Lethbridge Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation
- University of Alberta Bachelor of Arts in Recreation Sports and Tourism
What is reimbursed?
- Any therapeutic recreation course or general recreation course and textbook(s) taken between June 1 and April 30 that contributes to future eligibility as an ATRA Professional Member
- Amounts awarded: the award amount varies from $400-$800 depending on the number of approved applicants
- Therapeutic Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain the words: “Therapeutic Recreation” or “Recreation Therapy” or "Recreation and/or Leisure for Special Populations".
- General Recreation Courses - these course titles must contain one of the following words: "Recreation", "Leisure", "Play", or "Leadership".
How do I receive my bursary?
- Once you are notified that you are a successful recipient of the award (by October 15), you may submit for reimbursement as soon as you have a receipt of course/textbook amount paid and have successfully passed the course (copy of transcript and/or written confirmation from course instructor)
- All receipts and proof of successful course completion may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN May 15 of the calendar year following the year of approval (e.g., approved by October 15, 2022, must be claimed by May 15, 2023)