Post a job
Please select the Employment tab above to review current JOB POSTINGS
The purpose of the Job Posting service available on the ATRA website is a membership benefit as well as a service to Employers that employ Recreation Therapists or Recreation Therapy Assistants.
Acceptable Job Postings:
ATRA accepts Job Postings that include the following criteria:
Position Title: Must contain the words “Recreation” + “Therapy / Therapeutic ” in the Job Title.
Job Description and Qualifications: Download our Job Posting Checklist
- Recreation Therapist must require the applicant to provide the essential competencies listed by ATRA’s Competency Profile
- Qualifications: Applicants must be eligible for ATRA Professional Membership.
- Employer Resources: Additional information is available to employers on in the Employers Section / Hire a Recreation Therapist of ATRA’s website
- Membership: ATRA respectfully requests employers who employ Recreation Therapists to make ATRA Professional Membership a requirement of employment.
- Recreation Therapy Assistants must require the applicant to accept responsibility for therapeutic recreation standards of practice outlined in Guidelines for Assignment to Assistants and Aides (ATRA, 2019).
ATRA does not endorse or recommend employers and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. ATRA explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. ATRA is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of ATRA members to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting employment and to thoroughly research the mandate of each organization to which they are applying.
Please fill out the job details on the form below. The form will then be sent automatically to the ATRA office for approval. You will receive feedback on your Job Posting if required. Once the posting has been approved it will be posted on the ATRA Website.
Unless we are notified to remove it, the employer's posting will be made inactive on our website on the closing date. If you would like to extend your posting, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org